At the beginning of the year we find ourselves Starting Fresh…
Galatians 2:20… I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
A fresh start is something that many of us experience periodically. It is an opportunity to reflect and start anew.
When we take a look at the new year we think of a clean slate. Isn’t this much like the Christian walk in our lives? We start with a clean slate that has been made clean by the Son of God.
Three things that help give us a fresh start-
- Surrender more this year. It is hard to surrender what God wants me to surrender. Surrender is to cease resistance and submit authority. When we surrender we have to stop that fight with God. Allow Him to do that work in you.
- Allow Godly transformation in your life. Allow yourself to be transformed. This is a process of exchanging or substituting one thing for another. Only Christ can successfully live a perfectly victorious Christian life. We then need to allow Him to exchange our lives.
- The exchanged life impacts us in two levels-
- Our production. We produce the fruit that we are supposed to.
- Our Christian service. Christ lives through us in His plans and purposes.
- Increase faith. So often we think that faith is so ethereal. We may go to the Lord for the basic and necessary things. This is sometimes done with anxiety as if He does not understand what we are going through.
We cannot forget that we have a covenant or contract with God. When we go to Him with prayer we need to go with the assurance that He loves us and will make God on His Word. If we cannot trust Him with the little things, how can we trust Him for eternity?
Just as Jesus knew who He was in Christ, we need to know who we are in Christ. We need to take authority in our prayer life.