Real peace is knowing and being in the presence of God…
Therefore, my brothers and sisters, you whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm in the Lord in this way, dear friends! 2I plead with Euodia and I plead with Syntyche to be of the same mind in the Lord. 3Yes, and I ask you, my true companion, help these women since they have contended at my side in the cause of the gospel, along with Clement and the rest of my co-workers, whose names are in the book of life. 4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
Everyone wants to have real peace, but it seems to allude us.
There are many world practices that provide a way to have that peace that escapes so many.
That we know Him and that we spend time with Him is the start of acquiring and keeping that peace.
Know that God is on the throne and He is going to make a way and resolve your situation. He is in control and all will be well.
Here are some ways that we can maintain, as well as signs that we are missing out on the peace of God…
- Stand firm in the things of the Lord- Have we spent time with God?
- Conflict is not necessarily a sign of lack of peace- How are we presenting ourselves when there is disagreement?
- How much joy do I have? What are you allowing to rob you of the joy in Jesus?
- Keep the gentleness of the Lord- We are not to ignore sin but we are to promote mercy and grace.
- Anxiety and depression can keep us from enjoying God’s peace.
The peace of God is promised to us. It will be with us, if we receive it.
Your mind is guarded when you walk in the peace of God.